Welcome Back to Dance June Edition!
In person dance classes will resume, on a modified schedule Monday, June 1!!! Classes will begin Monday, June 1 with the last dance class day being Saturday, June 27.
Changes to Class Schedule
- All classes have been shorted to 25-35 minute classes to allow instructors time to clean between classes.
- Some classes will meet in different studios so that it is only the instructor changing rooms to limit student movement throughout the building.
- If your dancer has back to back classes, those start times have been modified so that they will still be back to back or as close to it as possible.
- You will receive a PDF of the modified schedule.
- You will receive an email with your student schedules and will be able to see the new times in your parent portal beginning Sunday, May 31.
- All classes will still be available on Google Meet and will be recorded and reviewable in the Resources tab of the parent portal.
- Dancers can wear masks if parents feel they need to but it is not required.
Changes to Lobby Access
- NO parents will be allowed in the YWCA School of Dance Lobby before, during or after dance classes.
- Our instructors and assistants will meet your dancers outside the front door to allow them in as well as lead them out following the end of their class.
- It will be very important that you are on time for drop-off and pick-up.
- Dancers that have more than 30 minutes of wait time between classes will NOT be allowed to wait at the dance studio for their next class to start.
- If your dancer is in need of new shoes, please email Miss Cindy and set up an appointment for a fitting.
- If your dancer is sick, please keep them home.
- No in person make-up classes will be allowed. We will still have our classes available on Google Meet and have them recorded and reviewable in the Resources tab on your parent portal.
- Costumes will be sent home with each dancer beginning June 1.
- Costumes will include information on what needs to be done with the costumes.
- Krystal will be available June 8-11 from 3:30-8:30 pm for any alterations. Cost is $10 per costume
- Please schedule a time to come in with your dancer and costume(s) if needed.
- If you ordered a nude leotard before the shutdown, it will be added to your account and will be put in with your dancer’s costumes. Your account will be charged when costumes go out unless you notify Miss Cindy of an alternate payment.
- Dancers who will not be continuing with in person classes will be notified when costume pick-up times are available.
- Recital recording dates will be June 29 and 30.
- This will be held at the YWCA School of Dance.
- NO audience will be allowed.
- We will have a Recital Premier Watch Party online after the 4th of July and it will be run in Recital order.
- DVD’s will be available to order.
- More information to come on your dancer’s performance times on June 29 & 30.
- More information to come on the Recital Premier Watch Party dates and times.
- Jake Misner Photography will be doing pictures (individuals per costume only) on June 29 & 30.
- Pictures will be posted in a viewing gallery for you to order
- More information to come on your dancer’s pictures.
On behalf of myself, the YSD Instructors and the YWCA, I would like to thank you all so very much for your patience and support through this unprecedented time. I know this has not been easy for anyone, and I am not just talking about dance. Life has been blindsided and it has changed what has become second nature to everything we do. We have been trying and working so hard to keep you all informed on changes and changes to our changes. We thank you from the bottom of our dancing feet and are so happy and excited to see all of our dancers again!
Please keep watching your emails for updates regarding all things recital.